Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Choice
Choice is making a decision of some kind. Vanilla or chocolate? I choose chocolate. But why did we choose chocolate? If I chose chocolate “because I like it better”, then I’ve allowed “liking it better” to be the cause of my choice. However, I want to be cause in my life, so I need to choose because I choose rather than because of any external force, event, or cause. But now, suppose I am only offered vanilla? Do I still have choice? YES! I can choose to choose vanilla or I can choose to resent vanilla. What effect will that choice have? If I choose to choose vanilla, I can decide that I’m going to enjoy the wonderful flavors that vanilla has to offer. My experience of vanilla will be quite different than if I chose to resent only being offered vanilla. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home