Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More things I feel positive about this morning: To be clear these are always just things I do:

---- My diet trick. This is often debated but I really like the idea of having a time to cheat on my diet. My weakness is sweets and I have learned through studying bodybuilding over the years something that some of them have been doing for years. There is an hour that some bodybuilders call "the get out of jail free card” during this hour a person can eat sweets and it can actually help build muscle? At first I didn’t believe it but after reading more I found there was actually support for it. It spikes insulin levels, which during most times it is a bad idea but right after a weight workout it can help to build muscle. I look at it this way if a person is likely going to cheat anyways.... what is the worst that happens by doing it right after a workout? Ill post more on this another time,

----Quote analysis - Here are two quotes

#1-Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

#2-Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

Now try and match the quote to the person. Mae West and Mick Jagger.
Think for a minute.


----Questions I asked myself this morning.

Who am I grateful for?
Who can I help today?
What three people can I compliment today?

Spiritual---The verse I wrote down. James 2:17

Here is the answer to the question from above. #1 Was Mick Jagger and #2 was Mae West. Now do you know which person Warren Buffett (The 2nd wealthiest person in the planet behind Bill Gates according to Forbes) quoted?

---
If you want to see my critics you can go to.

http://uselessmen.blogspot.com/ ---- #424.



http://uselessmen.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great ideas. You seem to have quite a few of them.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

"You should always leave the gym feeling like you could do more." It's a good axiom told to me many years ago. Keeps us from over-training, which is worse than doing less.

A great book on bodybuilding, with plenty of diet tips is Ellington Darden's "High Intensity Bodybuilding". It's a life changer, and as a result of reading this, I see lots of people at our gym who spend way too much time on things that are of no use to them.

There's a solution.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

I have read Darden's books. The challenge with his books is the photos of steroided guys in them. I like some of the HIIT principals and not others.

I have studied his books, Heavy Duty, The encyclopedia of bodybuilding, Franco Columbo's book (arnolds training partner), Body for life, Hal Higdon (running programs) and the navy seals training courses.

I will do a blog with my opinions on the subject of working out.

Thanks for reminding me of this.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home