Thursday, January 18, 2007

There are so many great people that read my blog when I read their blogs I am inspired to do better in my life as well. People get knocked down but they come right back up with a positive outlook regardless of circumstance. I really love that trait in people the fight to live out their dreams.

I know that I have more female readers of my blog than male readers for whatever reason so that inspired me to write about a great female success story. The lady is Yrma Rico and she has been an incredible performer in the business world. She was a single mother of 2 and she ended up being one of the founders of a company that turned into Univision (a 21 station hispanic television network) and now runs an autodealership.

What really impressed me was her willingness to work three jobs to make it happen and to be able to support 2 kids at the same time.

It really is very inspiring to read about people doing well in circumstances when doing well in not expected.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never have heard about her before. I have heard of Univision.

D.T.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I saw a special like that, too, about keeping your toothbrush in the bathroom. I had forgotten about it, though--maybe I better move my brush! ;-)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

Doesn't it blow your mind the things that certain people can accomplish when they have so many adversities? And then there are those who have alot more going for them and have the world at their feet and they don't do anything?

6:07 PM  
Blogger 123Valerie said...

It makes me think of my Dad who raised three girls on his own while working three jobs and trying to maitain some semblance of a normal dating life.

I have a hard time remembering to water my plants.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

Nicole - yes the toothbrush thing is interesting.

Blessed- These type of stories always help me to perform better.

123 - What a great role model to have for you. Seeing that really helps a person.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard about this woman. It's always good to hear about women who have worked hard and have become sucessful even through hardships! ;-)

How do you discover these inspiring people?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

I have to look very hard to find great people.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home