Monday, December 04, 2006

Is it possible to create happiness?

I was told this morning that there is a scientific method to being happier. Turns out that if you think back on your day just before you go to bed, and do it a particular way, you have nicer better dreams, sleep more soundly, and generally feel happier.

The key to this is supposed to be? Reflecting on three positive things that happened during the day and figuring out why they happened. Analyze what went right, the experts say, and you create more of it, both mentally and physically.

Is this a possible solution?

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Actually, that's a biblical concept. We are told to think of things worthy of praise. That has helped me through many difficult days. It's easy to think on the things we want to change (but have not power over), or the people who disappointed us or...well, let's not go there. Instead, think of the things worthy of praise and sleep well.

Donna Sundblad

2:51 PM  
Blogger Tom Bailey said...

I find it interesting when biblical ideas meet science and they both fit together. I have found shockingly enough that "faith" works even better on good days. I am just trying to get mine to the size of a mustard seed so I can move this mountain I have my eye on.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home